View on Instagram https://ift.tt/2PDAyOy
- A little bit of old, a little bit of new. Don’t let the word “technology” fool you. The first primate who used a stone to crack open a bone was wielding cutting-edge tech at the time. Me and my hand tools are real cozy with spreadsheets, html, and data automation. Keep your noodle fresh by learning new things all the time. #noodle
- One of the things I’ve like most about working as a luthier these past two decades is that slowing down is a job requirement. Right now, I get to focus on cutting forty little notches in the tang ends of this fret wire. Now it fits pleasantly in the bound fingerboard. I never try to rush my work anymore. When I am relaxed, the best results come as naturally as the dawn.
- Prepping the shop for a run of four refrets. It’s always preferable to do them in batches, for me. I can streamline the workflow and make the most of my setup time. #refret #lutherie
- Getting ready to install some ribs on this mahogany Martin. Best to stop side cracks in their tracks!
- Custom 335 on the bench today. Installed some fantastic @brandonwound_pickups yesterday. Eager to finish up the fretwork and really give this guitar a whirl.
5-string 12 string accordion banjo bass bridge closed consignment conversion dogs dream esraj for sale fret friends Gibson gift happy harmony harp headache IFTTT Instagram intonation joke lamellophone ma'iingan Mastertone name that instrument neckset odd old repairs reed refret repair repairs sigma skin sympathetic Tamburica tenor ukelele ukelele repair verðandi Washburn