View on Instagram http://ift.tt/2oareWY
- Some of my tools for the day.
- Closing down my shop in Canal is emotionally full. I’ve learned a lot about feeling in the past decade and I’ve come to really value the wide and wondrous spectrum of human experience. Here’s a photo of my mom back when she was still living, out and about. She stopped into the shop to visit. I miss her a lot and I have a nest of gratitude inside me for the support she offered my 24 year old self as I made the choice to open up a guitar shop for myself. Just look where it’s taken me.
- Dialing in the banjo dowel reset today. It took me years to develop a predictable and efficient method to do this type of job, but it’s been well worth it. There are so many amazing #stickbanjos out there from yesteryear just longing to sing again.
- Finally getting to resetting the dowels on a few old banjos that have been around here for a long while. It’s not a super complicated process, but it has to be done precisely right or it’s just wrong. All these old banjos have different structures too and my jigs are not “one size fits all.” Getting ready to clamp up and drill the hole!
- Threw together a quick, hand-free, banjo neck angle gauge today. #shouldhavedonethissooner
5-string 12 string accordion banjo bass bridge closed consignment conversion dogs dream esraj for sale fret friends Gibson gift happy harmony harp headache IFTTT Instagram intonation joke lamellophone ma'iingan Mastertone name that instrument neckset odd old repairs reed refret repair repairs sigma skin sympathetic Tamburica tenor ukelele ukelele repair verðandi Washburn